Monday 14 March 2011

Paper artists research

To help with my project I have researched into a few paper artists and their works.
Naturally I started with Richard Sweeney.

Richard Sweeney uses a variety of techniques to create paper sculptures, whether it be pleating, folding, wet folding or surface modulation.
Here are a few of his works I've selected that I personally think are the most relevant to the theme and my own personal taste.











Next I took at a look at Ingrid Siliakus, who creates intricate paper building sculptures, which do contain a few elements of repetition.







I next looked at Brian Chan, who creates insect sculptures - I feel this ties in with me looking at birds, fishes and so on, so here are a few images of some of his works.


Hermit Crab by Brian Chan 10 Most Amazing Origami in the World



No comments:

Post a Comment