Monday 14 March 2011

Task 2 Final Piece

After doing some sketches and ideas in my sketchbook I have finally finished my final piece for part 2 of this brief.

Below are some photos of the process and the final piece itself.


This pile of rips and offcuts from Task 1 was used to create the word 'Paper' seen in the poster.


The word paper made from paper cuttings.


I cut the letters O.F from a sketch book and folded them up to cast a shadow.
This never actually made the final piece as I was happy with just having the 100 Years and Paper made from paper. I wanted a clean cut design to my poster and the OF i had created wasn't fitting with the rest of the poster.


The above image is my final poster. The '100 YRS' is a small piece of folded paper photographed, put into photoshop and duplicated to build up text. After putting all the type elements into the canvas I arranged them onto a background which (although is barely able to be seen) is my sculpture from Task 1 with the numbers 100 hanging from the bottom of it. I also added the GF Smith logo and overlayed a crumpled paper texture to it. After finally settling with the arrangement of text I added some type to the bottom, created a vertical border and added a gradient overlay for effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment